Friday, February 25, 2011

A Heartthrob T-shirt To Drool Over

So as I stated here, my niece just turned 15 and I was looking for something meaningful or at the least funny to give to her in addition to her gift.  I wanted this “something” to be handmade because I know that these things tend to be treasured more.  After powwowing with my sister, we came to the conclusion that she would appreciate something featuring her latest teenage girl crush, William Levy.   Please do yourself a favor and feast your eyes upon this gorgeous morsel of man meat.  (oh wow I lost my train of thought for a minute)

So I chose to make her a T-shirt with his picture on it.  Here’s the process of that. 

So I found this image copied it and transfered it onto a plain white Tee.  Mistake #1 I forgot to reverse the image.  AHHHH!  Prayer for patience!

On the back I used my Silhouette to create this image.  Mistake #2 used too hot iron directly onto the transfer paper, hence the faded parts.  No worries though it looks vintage that way.  (I hope she buys that.)

If you notice I covered up the backward lettering with some puffy paint flowers.  Problem Solved! Oh yeah I also cut all the seams and pulled it giving it a torn up, jacked up look.  (I think she'll like that.)

For the back I chose to shred it some more and I know you can't see it in the pictures but I cut the sleeve to make little ties. 

I SOOOOO hope she likes it or at least gets a kick out of it.  By the way, I did pick up an actual present.  This is just an extra. 

My niece might need to wash it before she wears it because I swear I drooled over that picture more than a few times. 




Nydia 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...